Experienced CNC Machine Operator preferably with experience. Will be responsible for operating machines, including DMU and Mori Seiki 4thAxis machines. Must be able to resolve issues and make adjustments to fit the work orders. Completed parts and work orders must be maintained and properly inventoried. Must communicate effectively, safely operate the machines, and keep the work area safe, productive, and clean.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Math Skills: Good math skills will help CNC machinists understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving Skills: CNC machinists will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Attention to Detail: CNC machinists will work with precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Mechanical and Technical Skills: Machines controlled by computers will need operators who understand CAD/CAM technology.
- Stamina: CNC machinists often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
CNC Operator Job Duties:
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Required to verify fixture setups, load control media and operate machine manually to perform non automated functions.
- Must be able to operate machine and monitor displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Troubleshooting -- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Quality Control Analysis -- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Equipment Maintenance -- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Full-time position as CNC Operator
M-F 8:00-5:00 pm
Spring, TX 77388
Candidate will possess the following:
- Be able to pass mechanical reasoning as well as Wonderlic test with a score of 80% or higher
- Must take and pass a CNC Machining Test with an 80% or higher
- Must be highly skilled in working with CNC Machines
- Must have a clear criminal background
- Must be able to pass 10 panel drug screen
APPLICANTS CAN EMAIL JOBS@F-1FIREARMS.COM